The Porsche Cayenne S E Hybrid will be the third vehicle offered from Porsche with a plug – following the 918 Spyder and the Panamera S E-Hybrid.
The vehicle will be the first plug-in hybrid in the premium SUV segment, with a BMW x5 plug-in hybrid and potentially a Tesla Model X as competition in the near future.
After the October 2014 Paris Auto Show debut, expect more details as well as official EPA ratings on electric range and overall efficiency (MPGe).
Cayenne e-Hybrid Specifications
The plug-in hybrid Cayenne is powered by a 95 horsepower/70 kW electric motor (up from the 47 hp/34 kW motor in the Cayenne hybrid without a plug). The overall power of the electric motor and the 3.0l V6 supercharged gasoline engine is 416 hp, which propels the Cayenne from 0 to 60mph in 5.4 seconds.
- Top Speed is 151 mph, electric speed is 78 mph
- 333 hp V6 3.0l supercharged engine
- 95 horsepower electric motor
- combined power output of 416 total horsepower and 435 lb-ft total torque
- 0-60mph time is 5.4 seconds
- 10.8 kWh lithium ion battery pack
- all-electric range between 11 and 22 miles based on driving style and topography
Additional details will be available when the plug-in SUV makes its debut at the Paris Motor Show in early October 2014.
Cayenne e-Hybrid Price and Availability
The 2015 Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid will go on sale in the US on November 1, 2014.
Starting MSRP is $76,400 plus a destination charge of $995.