Porsche Plug-in Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Comments on 2019 Porsche Cayenne
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:03 pm 

I have mixed feelings about the new model, as shown at the LA Auto Show and various YouTube videos.

1. Styling: I dislike the new front grill, which emphasizes horizontal lines; I prefer the mesh grill of the 2015-2018 models. However, I do like the new light bar on the tailgate. The rear lights of the 2015-2018 are kind of bulbous, but at night the lights are trim and elegant. I do like the tail lights of the Macan and 911 the most, however.

2. Interior: It was inevitable that Porsche would increase the size of the center console screen--but now the large vertical vents are lost. Oh well. Also, I love all the console buttons on my 2015, so I dislike the change to the piano black surface in the new model--but I suppose that Porsche had to listen to the auto journalists who complained that the mass of buttons was just too much. I say they're logically arranged and much easier to use than going through menu after menu on the console screen.

3. Wheels: They've done away with the 18" option for wheels, which is ashame, because these are best for comfort and offroading--not the 19", 20", or 21".

4. Engine: The supercharged engine is gone and replaced with turbos. I must be in the minority as I prefer supercharging to turbocharging, but most automakers are going the other way.

5. Hybrid Powertrain: No word yet, but it will undoubtedly be the same as that on the new Panamera. But the V-8 plug-in hybrid version of the Panamera is priced at $185000, which is way more than most of us could afford. I'm not sure what the V-6 version will sell for, but probably more than what any of us paid for our 2015 models.

I'm hoping that in 5-8 years, we'll have solid-state graphene batteries and be able to replace our Li-ion batteries with the new much better technology.

Post subject: Re: Comments on 2019 Porsche Cayenne
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:55 pm 

I like everything about the 2019 Cayenne. Not to say that everything about it couldn't be better, because it could. But it's a damn solid Cayenne, for my taste at least.