Porsche Plug-in Forum

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Software update notice
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:03 pm 

I just received an e-mail today regarding a software update for the Cayenne. Anyone else get that? Wonder what any of the changes are.

PS - Just had my third gas tank fill. At about 3,400 miles now. Average MPG though Fuelly calculations is a little over 71 MPG. :D

Post subject: Re: Software update notice
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:34 pm 

I have not yet received that e-mail. I've now gone over 15 weeks without going to the gasoline station, and I still have 1/2 tank left. I think I can make it to 17 weeks, 1/3 year, but I'm not sure I can make it to 26 weeks, 1/2 year!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:49 pm 

Wow, that's some kick-ass mileage you are getting out of that! Fuelly requires three fill ups before it shows in the public stats, so that means sometime next year we would see you, lol.

UPDATE: Spoke with the service department and it sounds like just some sort of maintenance on the front-end computer, whatever that means.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:41 pm 

I just had my 30k service and they applied a software update. Now I am seeing 11 miles on my battery mileage display instead of the 14-16 that I normally saw after a full charge. I initially thought it was just the gauge, but noticed that my battery only mileage did drop to about 10-11 miles of driving (have run about 4 cycles so far). Same route as normal, so no other variables have changed.

Anyone else notice this after a recent update?

I have a note into the dealer asking for details. Wonder if they can roll it back or if this will correct itself after time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:29 pm 

The transmission software update has not changed my electric range, which is still 11-18 miles, averaging 14-15. You could call 1-800-Porsche--the staff there are sometimes more informed then the dealer's staff. Prior to the software update, my Porsche mis-shifted twice (like it got "confused")--it's been fine since the update.

I recently did a 200 mile round trip from Bucks County in PA to the Poconos, taking mostly back roads; I averaged 33 mpg, with an average speed of 46 mph. This is impressive!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:30 pm 

transpower wrote:
The transmission software update has not changed my electric range, which is still 11-18 miles, averaging 14-15. You could call 1-800-Porsche--the staff there are sometimes more informed then the dealer's staff. Prior to the software update, my Porsche mis-shifted twice (like it got "confused")--it's been fine since the update.

I recently did a 200 mile round trip from Bucks County in PA to the Poconos, taking mostly back roads; I averaged 33 mpg, with an average speed of 46 mph. This is impressive!

That's impressive indeed. Great stuff. And thanks for the tip regarding the 1-800 number, good to know.

Post subject: Re: Software update notice/Winter Range YMMV
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 pm 

Hi All, I'm new here, but not to EVs. A quick review of these posts all seem to indicate WINTER calculations in colder regions. My new Panamera is showing 11 miles range, but it is also in single digits here in upstate NY. My i3 took a 20% hit on cold weather cycles and a friend's Tesla has even balked at charging in such severe cold and then delivered 20% less range.

I'd like to hear some warm weather results and then we can all decide if the update worked (though I don't know what its purpose or intention was....)

Ray
Albany, NY