Porsche Plug-in Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Returning to E-Power after "flooring" it
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:49 pm 

Driving in traffic, full e-mode, I had to "floor it" to get out of a dicey situation. After that it would not go back in to e-power until I shut down and restarted. Even shifting to park and back was not enough. Anyone else experience this? Also...any pointers on extending all-electric mode (hyper-mile/km-ing) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Returning to E-Power after "flooring" it
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:57 am 

I find flicking ePower mode off and back on again while driving "gently" does it

WRT extending all-electric mode.. think ahead approaching junctions and areas of slowing down, its much more efficient to coast than to brake. I also find if you decelerate using the cruise control, the car stays in the yellow regen mode and of course never enters the silver mechanical braking zone. Try and do the same yourself and you always seem to get into mechanical braking zone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:49 pm 

donaldloeb wrote:
Driving in traffic, full e-mode, I had to "floor it" to get out of a dicey situation. After that it would not go back in to e-power until I shut down and restarted. Even shifting to park and back was not enough. Anyone else experience this?

I think my experience is similar. If you floor it from E mode the engine will fire up and normally run for a while. Probably the computer circulating fluids or running the motor to temp for protection. Mine normally goes back to ePower after a few miles on its own. I trust that it knows what it is doing. When you say that it would not go back....how long do you let it go before you try shutting off the motor (more then a few miles?) also, do you have more then 20% battery left after you "flooring" session?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:07 pm 

Thanks for the pointers. WRT distance and charge: I had ~50% battery remaining. I (impatiently) drove about a mile before it would transition back. Your assertion re engine management seem reasonable. Thank you again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:58 pm 

I've had several such situations myself; E-mode always returns after a few minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:01 am 

gdavison wrote:
I find flicking ePower mode off and back on again while driving "gently" does it

Most of the time that works for me too but not always.