Porsche Plug-in Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Panamera S E-Hybrids with Tax Rebate Still Available
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 pm 

I just bought my first Porsche, a new 2016 S E-Hybrid from a great dealership in Mechanicsburg, PA (Harrisburg). The car is untitled and equipped just the way I wanted; I got it at a good price and the $4752 Federal Plug-in Tax Rebate is applicable. I'm pleased and wanted to alert any Forum visitors that a trip through Car Guru will help you find these languishing bargains priced at between $69k and $94k (also saw one go for $56k on eBay, but didn't get details). Just be sure that the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin from Porsche is present as a clean title. [Reportedly, some dealers registered their cars to reap the rebate.] And of course, you will have to search thoroughly to get a sales rep who knows what this is all about. One told me rebates only applied to leases! (where a lower rebate gets swallowed by Lessor and you may or may not see the benefit in your payments).

I traded a BMW i3, so I know a bit about EVs and what to expect; prior to the i3, I drove high-performance 5-series BMWs for 30 years so I have familiarity with that genre too (and am glad to be back Grand Touring!).

Otherwise, I'd like to hear from others with experience with E-Hybrids and any issues to be concerned about; being new, mine in not CPO and has only the balance of the Factory warranty remaining (11/20, I believe).

Thx!
Ray
Albany, NY