Porsche Plug-in Forum

It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Panamera S e-hybrid
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:59 pm 

Hello everyone :) ,

I'am about to purchase the Panamera S e-hybrid.
But in advance I would like to know if there is any battery performance limit (e.g. 50% capacity or 5 miles range) defining the battery as defect.

I know that Porsche delivers the Panamera S e-hybrid with a battery warranty of 6 years and an optimal driving range of 20 miles.
But does anybody know if there is an exact performance level of the battery at which Porsche considers the battery as defect and changes the battery for warranty claim?

I am thankful for every information! :P

Cheers Marc

Last edited by panameramarc on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Panamera S e-hybrid
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:34 pm 

Not to my knowledge. I get between 11-18 miles per charge with my Porsche Cayenne S e-Hybrid. The low figure occurs when I have the AC on. The high figure occurs when I'm cruising on a level highway at fairly low, but steady speed, or just looking at houses in a neighborhood.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:32 pm 

I dont think there are exact specs (ie, if you get under X miles, you battery is bad). If you are getting 5 miles, something is definitely wrong. Unless it is up a steep hill in heavy traffic with every accessory on and in very cold temp.

Similar to Transpower's comment, I get about 16 miles on a charge pretty consistently in my Cayenne. The Panamera should do a little better. If you can't get 15 miles by driving on a level road without every accessory on (Max AC, seat ventilation, etc)...something is wrong. If your commute starts with a giant hill, switch off ePower until you get to a hwy and see how far you can get with normal driving. If you are still getting very poor range on a full charge (under 10 miles) demand a replacement battery.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:12 pm 

I typically get 11-15 miles out of full battery, though it is dependent on driving behavior, am I coasting at 50mph or in stop and go traffic, temperatures, and how hard I flog it.
(this is in my 15 panamera e-hybrid S)