Porsche Plug-in Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Removing of driver's seat
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:43 pm 

Ok, I don't exactly know what it is, but something I put (might have been a coin by accident) in the storage compartment under the driver's seat slipped out of that plastic compartment and is rolling around within the seat. Whenever I accelerate or decelerate, I hear a metal on metal rolling sound, like a metal ball rolling back and forth in a curved metal track. At first I thought it was something under the seat and the dealer removed the seat and tightened things around, but it's still there and I concluded it must have been something that fell out of that compartment.

So, rather than bringing it to the dealer again and waiting for what seems like forever for someone to remove the seat, I'm wondering if that is something I could do myself. I did ask the dealer when I was getting a tire fixed about just removing the rotating lid to that compartment, but they said the seat had to be removed.

Anyone ever remove the driver's seat?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Removing of driver's seat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:05 pm 

I keep a mace gun in the compartment under the driver's seat, and a fire extinguisher in the compartment under the passenger seat. I don't hear anything rattling around, so I'm sorry I cannot help you with your situation.