Porsche Plug-in Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cayenne e-Hybrid vs Panamera e-Hybrid
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:43 pm 

I've seen a lot of talk around the internet about how the Cayenne S e-Hybrid could cut into the Panamera e-Hybrid sales significantly because of a few things:
- the starting price is much lower ($76XXX vx $99XXX)
- the usefulness of a plug-in hybrid SUV is larger than a PHEV sports car (ie. most SUV use is short drives, picking up children etc, where all electric range could be utilized)

Another indication of the Cayenne doing better is that it has a larger battery pack? The Cayenne plug-in has a 10.8 kWh battery pack, while the Panamera plug-in only has a 9.4 kWh battery pack, which gives the Cayenne 22 miles or range...

Post subject: Re: Cayenne e-Hybrid vs Panamera e-Hybrid
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:41 am 

porscher wrote:

Another indication of the Cayenne doing better is that it has a larger battery pack? The Cayenne plug-in has a 10.8 kWh battery pack, while the Panamera plug-in only has a 9.4 kWh battery pack, which gives the Cayenne 22 miles or range...

Not sure about the longer range. Although the battery is larger, it is also a heavy vehicle. I looked at the US mileage rating (just now updated with the Cayenne info). It shows the Panamera MPGe rate at 50 and the Cayenne at 47. It also lists the distance on battery alone as 14 for the Cayenne and 16 for the Panamera.

Granted results will vary based on use...but since their tests should be consistent between the two, those numbers are probably representative of the comparison.

I have a CSEH on order that should be here in about a month...cant wait.